UPE (United People of Ethiopia) is a community of people who are of Ethiopian origin irrespective of their ethnic origin, religious beliefs, or political affiliations. The only criterion to join the community of UPE is being Ethiopian.
UPE’s vision is to unite Ethiopians maintaining their Ethnic, linguistic and cultural diversities. We envision Ethiopia as a united country with multiple ethnic and cultural diversities.
UPE’s mission is to empower all people of Ethiopia to achieve peace, stability and prosperity through democratic discussions and transparency.
- Hosting Twitter Spaces, Zoom meetings, and other appropriate platforms.
- Knowledge sharing and raising awareness on historical, social, cultural, political and economic issues
- Promoting cultural, social, economic and emotional intelligence, communication skills, critical thinking, conflict resolution, mediation.
- Sharing Knowledge of our cultures and history of Ethiopia
- Holistic Wellness
- Entertainment via open discussions, music, poems, and comedic literatures
- Provide forums and resources for networking and collaboration
- Business development, train the trainer, coaching, mentorship
- Fundraising for humanitarian causes in Ethiopia for the victims of natural & man-made disasters
- Advocacy and Diplomacy on current affairs
- Fact finding and fact checking.about claims and narrations of critical issues.
The Five Core Pillars of UPE
- Political Awareness: UPE strives to enhance the political consciousness of all Ethiopians through political analysis of current affairs, public diplomacy across the globe, and lobbying for the national interests of Ethiopia and continental interests of Africa.
- Advocacy: UPE strives to be a voice for the voiceless by pressuring the government institutions, ministries, media and officials to respect the rule of law. UPE also holds fundraisers to respond to immediate and long-term needs of our communities.
- Education: UPE plans to play an important role in educating the public, both domestic and foreign, about Ethiopia’s cultural and historical legacies.
- Holistic Wellness: UPE plays a key role in promoting holistic health by promoting self-help, spirituality through mindfulness, meditation,and prayers, culture of readership, emotional intelligence, and cultural entertainment such as music and poems.
- Economic Empowerment: UPE strives to play pivotal role in enabling small business startups, entrepreneurship, financial IQ (savings, credits, insurance).